- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a graduate of retail fashion, Business, or Finance with bags of talent and an interest in fashion retail? Maybe you’re currently a Merchandising Assistant? If you’re looking for the next step in your career, opportunities don’t come much bigger than a Trading Assistant at Primark Reading.
This is a great entry level role in fashion retail and Merchandising, with key responsibilities supporting all of our Merchandising teams. You’ll also have an amazing opportunity to learn about the industry and progress in a Merchandiser role.
Reporting to the Trading Manager, the Trading Assistant is a key role within Central Merchandising responsible for managing the day to day administrative support to the Trading Manager and the Buying & Merchandising teams.
At Primark Reading, we offer the opportunity to think big and do even bigger.
In a competitive industry, we’re the growing business you can’t hold back. Right now, we’re expanding across Europe, the UK, and the US. So, now is a great time to get on board.
Sales- Maximising Sales, Opportunities and Performance
• Provide the necessary B&M systems support to enable the efficient operation of trading across departments
• Responsible for compiling company-wide weekly and periodic reporting for events, themes and promotional campaigns.
• Produce weekly stock and sales reports for the business
Stock- Managing Stock Levels and Flow Rates
• Manage country blocking submitted by departments and review to ensure stock isn’t off sale unnecessarily
Pricing. Promotions and Clearance Activity
• Oversee all communication of any price changes sent out by Central Merchandising to Retail and key business stakeholders
• Responsible for the day to day management of ICT’s with the Transfer Coordinator
• Verify the data and check the transfer request as commercially sound before sending to the Commercial Managers for agreement
• Help to raise the PO’s on the system and centrally authorise on the system
• Ensure the data is updated on an overall Transfer Tracker held within Central Merchandising which will be made available as a report to view current transfer status on the Intranet
• Track all transfers to ensure it gets receipted in the correct region at the scheduled time
• Help to close the PO’s on the system as necessary
• Arranging appointments and booking meeting rooms and / or conference facilities
• General administration
• Flexibility on undertaking ad-hoc projects as they arise
What we’re looking for:
Someone with an understanding of Fashion and Merchandising. Qualifications in Fashion, Merchandising, Retail Management, Business, Maths, or a similar discipline are a plus. Or, if you’re already a talented Merchandising Assistant we would be very interested in hearing from you, as we need you to have:
- An eye for detail. Responsible for sales and stock monitoring, you’ll need to have your eye on many things at once. Whether it’s supporting the Merchandising team in delivering sales, stock turn, or hitting contribution budgets. You’ll also help to set up and manage line projections. All this means your time management skills will be key.
- A way with numbers. This part of the role is analytical so if you’re handy with calculations, you’ll excel. You’ll be responsible for investigating and solving data inaccuracies and producing analysis reports including strategy, sign off and store range presentations.
- An organisation obsession. It’s important for you to stay on top of and be aware of the development of range and option plans and any store or style grading amendments. So, knowing what’s going on throughout the Primark network is key.
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Full Time / Part Time
Job ProfileTrading Assistant
About the company
Adored by fashion fans and value seekers alike Primark is widely established as the destination store for keeping up with the latest looks without breaking the bank. We offer a diverse range of products, stocking everything from baby and kids, to womens, mens, home ware, accessories, beauty products and confectionery.