- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
United Kingdom - Cornwall, Scorrier, Cornwall
Our Traffic and Local Roads team have a vacancy for Traffic/ Highway Engineer in our
Scorrier office near Truro .
The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team. In addition to delivering work within the southwest, the role will occasionally involve working with other AECOM teams in the UK and Ireland. We are therefore seeking people who are able to work flexibly across other AECOM offices as projects dictate to support the wider business. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
Further, the role offers opportunities to work in AECOMs wider UK European, Middle East, India, and Africa regions.
You will be joining a growing team that is actively involved in the delivery of transportation projects and services to a range of both local and national clients including:
- CORMAC/Cornwall Council
- Plymouth City Council
- Cardiff Council
- Highways England
- Transport for London
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for, safety, health and environment in design
- Act as a task manager leading on delivering defined parts of projects reporting to the Project Manager
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
- Lead the preparation concept, preliminary or detailed design of traffic/highway engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority municipal engineering schemes
- Lead the preparation of detailed technical reports and specifications, providing specialist technical contributions as required and verify work by others
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed client briefs, fee proposals, and major bids
- Develop new and existing client relationships
- Support Senior Management of Local Roads team
You will have:
- Post qualification experience in the delivery of traffic engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal highway schemes
- Excellent technical and communication skills
The ability to demonstrate a high level of experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Preliminary design (detailed design/3D design desirable)
- Experience of applying relevant design standards and local authority approval processes
- Ability to act as a task leader on single and multi-disciplinary projects
Whilst not essential any of the following skills would be desirable:
- Specialist traffic engineering knowledge (e.g. active travel or traffic signals design)
- Highway design
- Detailed design
- Urban Design/Streetscape.
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Highways asset management and maintenance.
- CSCS Card holder.
- Specialist 3D Design/GIS/Microsimulation software
- A relevant degree or HND and either Chartered or working towards an appropriate Chartered status with membership of a professional institution Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 212942BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project
- project manager