- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BEDFORDSHIRE GB
Reference number: Rf+cH-3
Salary starting at: £19,602 to £21,236 per annum pro-rata
Hours: Part time, 18.75 hours per week
Taking your lead from their Traffic Manager, you'll support the efficient and effective flow of work through Communications Operations, a department that includes Account Management, Editorial, Design and Film & Video and which works closely with the Online Content team. Communications Operations delivers work from across the charity, ranging from simple factual amends (Service Requests) to both print and digital work, to large priority campaigns.
A key player in a high-performing team you take pride in projects running smoothly, whilst ensuring the charity's creative output is delivered on time and on budget.
Attention to detail is your closest ally. Daily allocation of resource, reporting, scheduling and monitoring work in progress make up key components of your role. You'll relish working in a fast-paced environment, building and maintaining strong working relationships.
You'll often be at the centre of things, especially when things are going wrong! Your excellent communication and people skills compliment your organisational abilities, all contributing to an ability to solve and resolve, often complex, issues.
Key responsibility areas
• To undertake daily allocation of new Service Requests using the charity's online workflow management system
• To reallocate any already allocated tasks within the workflow that cannot be delivered as originally planned.
• To produce relevant reports (as instructed by the Traffic Manager) via the workflow management system (Timesheets, job progress, WIP), contributing to overall studio efficiencies.
• To support wider creative studio and Account Management teams in organising briefing meetings, Work In Progress and review meetings as required.
• To support the Account Management team by assisting in the creation and maintenance of basic work schedules/timing plans, factoring in resource availability and scope of work.
• Supporting the Traffic Manager to implement, communicate and measure improvements to processes and workflow management.
• To work with the Traffic Manager to resolve resourcing conflicts and identify project risks.
• To support the Traffic Manager by ensuring resource timesheets are up to date and accurate.
• To assist the Traffic Manager with all aspects of invoicing for freelance resources, including raising POs and reconciling all invoices against received estimates.
• To build and maintain strong relationships with internal resource, keeping them up to date and informed on project status.
Essential qualifications and experience
• Educated to degree level
• Project management experience within a creative environment
Essential Skills and knowledge
• An understanding of print and/or digital design.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables.
• The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with proven communication and people skills.
• Evidence of excellent organisation with an ability to multi-task.
• Excellent time management and planning.
• Self-motivated and able to take the initiative whilst working in a pressured environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good judgement, curiosity and proactivity; not afraid to get involved with work outside the role's main remit to help broaden your knowledge of both communications and the wider charity.
• Knowledge of printing and repro techniques.
• Conservation and wildlife knowledge.
• Experience of working for a charity or not-for-profit organisations.
This job is linked to the Junior Specialist role profile only with regards to pay and rewards.
Closing date: 3 January 2020
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please make sure you include reference Rf+cH-3 on your application.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You will be asked to declare unspent convictions and cautions at offer of employment stage.
No agencies please.
- ms project