- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Ramsey Saint Marys
Covance have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Animal Technician to join their growing team in Huntingdon.
Job Title: Trainee Animal Technician
Location: Alconbury, Huntingdon
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We are currently seeking to hire a Trainee Animal Technician to support the team. This is a full time position, based in our Huntingdon office in Alconbury.
Trainee Animal Technician - Job Overview:
Are you looking for a career that you can grow and develop in?
Are you passionate about caring for animals?
Do you want to join a company where you can look after rodents, rabbits, dogs, farm animals, primates and birds?
We are looking for Trainee Animal Technician's to join our team in Alconbury, Huntingdon. Covance are the largest employer for animal technicians in the UK and we need you!
We fully support our technicians through a structured training and development programme which includes gaining an accredited Animal Science and Technology qualification, as well as structured career progression.
As a Trainee Animal Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals
- Changing cages and associated equipment
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
There may be the opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays.
Trainee Animal Technician: Requirements:
Education and Qualifications
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 2 or higher are desirable but not essential.
- A minimum of 5 A-C GCSE's or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science.
What we need from you:
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals and the capability to develop the requisite skills.
- Previous experience of working with (and handling) animals would be beneficial.
To submit your CV for this exciting opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!