- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you interested in training to become a Dental Nurse?
Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise is seeking a Trainee Dental Nurse in Plymouth to study for the NEBDN Online Diploma in Dental Nursing.
Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise provides dental services and education from four teaching clinics across the southwest, from Exeter to Truro. The company supports the work of Plymouth University Peninsula Dental School training the Dentists and Therapists of tomorrow. As a Social Enterprise we are focussed on providing benefits to the communities we serve locally, including patients, students and the wider community requiring oral healthcare and education.
Full time position, fixed-term contract.
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Role: Trainee Dental Nurse
Grade: National Minimum Wage
Reports to: Clinic Team Leader
The role holder will be enrolled with an online training provider and will be mentored by experienced clinical staff to support the provision of high quality, safe, clinical care which includes all aspects of Primary Care Dentistry and the associated administrative tasks.
The role holder will also be required to take part in student activities such as induction and assessments.
- Effective and efficient engagement with all processes required to support the provision of clinical care
- Liaison with clinic staff and students to maximise the efficiency of the clinics
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Equality and Diversity regulations for staff, students and patients
- Ensure all clinicians and students are adhering to policies, protocols and processes
- Work as a chairside Dental Nurse
Measures of success:
- Excellent time management and self-motivation to achieve targets and meet set deadlines
- Successful outcomes to items listed in role summary and other delegated tasks
- Successful delivery of key priorities and objectives agreed with manager and as part of the performance development review
- Positive customer feedback
- Manages competing demands
Knowledge, Education and Training:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (minimum GCSE grade C, or equivalent, in maths and English)
- Computer literacy, including competence with Microsoft Office
- Evidence of work in, or an interest in working in, a clinical dental environment
- Ability to work as an individual within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of how internal processes can impact on organisational performance
- Able to prioritise and move between tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates self-leadership
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment at all times
- Demonstrates commitment and support to PDSE, to PDSE managers and to colleagues
- Self-motivated and committed to the training programme
- Uses initiative to start and complete tasks without direct supervision
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Uses own expertise and uses it to develop others
- Supports others to achieve goals
- Forms good working relationships with colleagues to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands
This post requires self-study which takes place out of normal working hours. Trainee Dental Nurses must demonstrate commitment to, and understanding of, the course and an understanding of the level of commitment required.
It is essential that Trainee Dental Nurses have access outside of work to a computer with internet connection.
This post requires Hepatitis B immunisation and other health clearance as stipulated by Occupational Health.
Staff on 52 week contracts must take the majority of their annual leave allocation outside of term time. Requests for annual leave within term-time will only be granted if the functioning of the clinics will not be compromised.
Plymouth-based Dental Nurses will be routinely required to work across both Plymouth sites and may occasionally be required to work in Exeter or Truro.
This job description provides a general reflection of the key accountabilities associated with the post, it is expected that the role holder will undertake any other reasonable activities to assist in efficient service delivery.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change as the post develops, but such change will not take place without consultation between the post holder and his/her manager. Job descriptions should be reviewed at least annually at the appraisal meeting.
Normal working hours are 0845 to 1700 Monday to Friday, however on occasions to meet business need you will be required to work revised hours, typically between 0800 and 1800.
An enhanced DBS Check will be carried out.