- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £10.50 - £13.00 gross per hour
Trainee Plant Fitter
Up to £33,800pa DOE
OSR is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established materials supplier in Norfolk who has a vacancy for a Trainee Plant Fitter.
- Yard-based role in an outdoor working environment (no call outs)
- Maintain and repair a large fleet of the company's plant machines, equipment and vehicles
- Troubleshoot faults and fix them in a timely manner,
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with ongoing maintenance of machines, engines, hydraulic & electrical systems and mechanical equipment on site to limit potential breakdowns
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions, electrical & hydraulic systems.
- Run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts
- Operate welders, angle grinders, various power tools and air tools
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Maintain accurate maintenance records and report on daily activities
- Always maintain a clean and tidy workshop and site
- Basic experience or relevant qualification with heavy plant/machinery mechanics/maintenance - Essential
- MIG Welding skills or experience - Preferred
- Knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, or electrical systems - Preferred
- Hours: 50hrs per week
- 07:00am - 16:00pm Monday to Friday (1hr paid lunch)
- 07:00am - 12:00noon every 2 in4 Saturdays
- Salary £10.50ph - £13.00ph
- Learning and Development opportunities
If you are in possession of the above skills, apply now or email your CV to Heather at OSR Recruitment
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.