- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SALARY & BENEFITS:
£18,000-20,000 per annum
28 days holiday
Full Time / Permanent
Monday to Friday 8.30am
- 5.30pm and every 4 th weekend on a rota basis
THE COMPANY AND ROLE:
An exciting opportunity has arisen with Chiltern Distribution Ltd, a growing temperature-controlled logistics organisation.
Working within the logistics depot based in Whittlesey there is an opportunity to join their team in a full time permanent position immediately and we encourage those who may be qualified to apply.
The purpose of the role is ensuring all Transport administration is undertaken in a timely, accurate manner.
Co-ordinating between our customer and customer delivery points to provide excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Inputting of customer orders on to Proteo
- Inputting transport requests on to system manually and/or using supporting software
- To assist with the planning of vehicle routes, maximising capacity and revenue per load
- Pre-booking relevant delivery points with customers via e-mail/ telephone
- Liaising with customers regarding delivery dates / times / date changes
- Resolving driver / customer and delivery point queries and issues
- Ensure drivers return with full and correct delivery paperwork
- To scan POD's against orders in Proteo and chase up any outstanding POD's on a daily basis
- Ensure that each job is priced correct on a daily basis
- Any other administration required to support the efficient running of the Transport Department
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the roles:
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially verbally
- Computer Literate
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel.
Knowledge of Proteo (computer system used) would be advantageous but not essential
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work on own initiative but also a team player
JOB TITLE: Transport Co-ordinator
LOCATION: Whittlesey, near Peterborough
- customer service