- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £50,000.00 gross per year
Transport Operations Manager
Here at the Suttons Group, a long standing and successful global logistics provider, we have the opportunity for a Transport Operations Manager to join our expanding team based in Harwich, Essex.
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Company car or allowance
- 33 days' holiday including Bank Holidays
If you are an operations professional with a superb leadership style, this is an excellent opportunity to make an impact with an international business.
Our success is wholly dependent on the knowledge, skills and commitment of our people, which is why we are passionate about having the best people on our team to take Suttons forward. If you think you could make a difference as part of the Suttons family, we want to hear from you.
As the Transport Operations Manager, you'll support the ongoing delivery of our high-quality, cost-effective international logistics services.
You will play a fundamental role in maximising the safety, commercial and financial performance of our operations. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the Administration Team, including ensuring development plans are in place
- Take ownership of the commercial profit and loss for all contracts
- Manage one or more key customer relationship and conduct customer review meetings
- Oversee driver availability and authorise driver holidays/absences
- Ensure staff adhere to all H&S and compliance requirements
- Investigate any customer complaints
To join us as our Transport Operations Manager, you will need:
- Operational experience
- People management skills
- A strong understanding of transport and health and safety legislation
- Good commercial acumen
Experience with MS Office would be beneficial, as would a CPC qualification or similar.
Other organisations may call this role Logistics Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Transport Operations Manager, International Logistics Manager, or Logistics & Transport Operations Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 5th December 2019.
Please note, all offers of employment are subject to valid Right to Work documentation, a Basic DBS check and Drug & Alcohol screening prior to start.
Suttons Group is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Transport Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.