- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,000.00 - £23,000.00 gross per year
- St Helens
£9.75 per hour
Haydock, St Helens
Monday - Friday, 14:00 - 22:00 (37.5 hours)
Duties & Responsibilities:- - Briefing & debriefing of drivers - issuing the drivers with their day's work including equipment and paperwork and ensuring they are aware of the expectations of the day including any special instructions.
- Instructing and challenging drivers - passing on information and dealing with queries whilst the drivers are out on the road, checking they are on time and sticking to routes and questioning them if necessary where there may be issues.
- Delivery bookings - contacting any delivery point that require goods to be booked in, liaising with FLM to ensure correct times are obtained to ensure best optimisation of vehicles.
- Responsible for the input of data onto the transport system and production of internal/external reports.
- Collation of data from Transport/Warehouse activities - client deliveries.
- Answering telephone calls internal and external in a prompt and professional manner
- Responding to driver queries via telephone or face to face
- Liaising with other departments/depots within Movianto
- Responding to internal vehicle chill alerts. Management of deviations and temperature excursions as delegated
- Flexible approach to team challenges - willing to change start times , work overtime as requested
- Using various transport systems e.g. TMS, Verilocation, Zetes to resolve issues and provide information
- Support the Health and Safety and legislative requirements at all times
- Ad hoc duties dependant on depot or business needs including deputising in the absence of the First Line Manager/Shift Manager
- Responsibility for aspects of the MHRA and Road haulage legal compliance as delegated by First Line manager/Shift Manager
Required Skills:- - Previous experience of working in a busy, fast paced transport office
- Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous in their approach.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Experience within a transport logistics organisation
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.