- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client based in East Kent and who have grown exponentially since they were formed in 2010 are looking to recruit a Transport Planner The business is an independent wholesaler within the food and drink industry operating seven days per week with 1,000's of products delivered per week delivered the same day.
The Transport Planner role involve supervising and co-ordinating a team of around 15-20 drivers who drive a mix of HGV's and vans. This role is fast paced and demanding and ideally suit someone who is used to route planning for same day delivery.
- Planning of routes and driver dispatching;
- Ensuring that the driver team maintain their focus and meet all the customers' expectations;
- Ensuring that the relevant legislation and compliance is met;
- Recording and reporting incidents and accidents;
- Organise CPC and Taco-graph requirements.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of transport planning and supervision;
- Good knowledge of IT Systems including MS Word and Excel;
- Transport/Driver CPC;
- Possess good organisational skills including planning and problem solving;
- Clean Driving License.
The hours of work will be a working week 5 out of 7 mainly Tuesday to Saturday and to support the business needs.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.