- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Treasury & ALM Analyst - Corporate Finance / Accounting London - Great BritainDescription of the Business Line or Department - The Treasury and ALM (TRE/ALM) department operates within SGIL which offers clearing and execution services to customers. TRE/ALM is in charge of managing both liquidity, interest rate and currency risk arising from SGIL activity.
- dealing activity in financial instruments for the purpose of ensuring an adequate level of liquidity at all time while maximising revenues;
- Measurement , reporting and the management of the risk of interest rate mismatch and liquidity of SGIL balance-sheet;
SGIL is a classified as a Limited Investment Firm incorporated in the UK and as such, is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
SGIL does not deal with, or for, Retail Clients (as defined by the 2004/39/EC Directive on markets in financial instruments). SGIL is a Swap Dealer registered with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the National Futures Association.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The analyst will be responsible for executing the day-to-day treasury activities under the oversight of the Treasurer. It includes the management of the nostros, funding requirement and the liquidity buffer.
He will also assist the Head of ALM in the monitoring of ALM metrics, the modelling of ALM gaps as well as any ALM queries from the business and head office.
Summary of responsibilities
• Monitor and report ALM indicators (Gaps, sensitivities, etc...) versus granted limits and propose hedging if necessary
• Monitor and analyse funding needs and treasury position by supporting ALM team in the daily Sources and Uses report and Liquidity Stress tests if dedicated members of the team who produce the reports are absent;
• Provide management and business partners with ad-hoc liquidity analysis and forecasts;
• Participate to any modelling of balance-sheet items;
• Production of the P/L dashboard and monthly analysis of the desk P/L;
• Production of management pack on liquidity, risk, capacity and investment book;
• Provide support to Treasury desk on the execution of trades in the market in the name of SGIL;
(product scope: FX, Money Market, Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps).
Level of autonomy and authority
• Autonomy in dealing with external counterparts within pre-defined limits and agreed mandate;
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office pack including VBA and Access;
• Strong knowledge of SQL;
• Knowledge of Treasury product set;
• Knowledge of FCA and ECB regulatory framework applicable to liquidity and the firm's underlying business;
• Knowledge of market practices in dealing;
• Knowledge of liquidity and market risk metrics;
• Knowledge of Kondor+ system is a plus;
• Knowledge of Securities settlement processes is a plus;
• Knowledge of the brokerage activity;
• Sound numerical ability skills;
• Strong data mining and analytical skills;
• Strong communication skills;
• Organised and proactive.
• Experience in Treasury as a dealer or trader in a bank or regulated entity is a plus;
• Experience in ALM or risk equivalent function.
• Master or equivalent in Finance;
• CFA is a plus;
• FCA regulated is a plus.
• French is a plus.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Job code: 190006DJ
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019