- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Treasury Technology Business Analyst - 90224416
Posting Range:25 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Business Analyst (VP)
Barclays Treasury is a full-service Treasury function, sitting within the Group Finance Director (GFD) division of Barclays. The Treasury function’s responsibilities include activities in the financial markets such as execution in capital and debt markets, money market funding and cash management, liquidity buffer portfolio management and structural or product risk hedging.
About Treasury Technology
Treasury Technology, within Barclays, has an important role to play in supporting Treasury’s infrastructure needs. Treasury Technology currently owns a variety of applications ranging from Transactions to Reporting to fulfil the needs of Treasury as a business.
What will you be doing?
• You will work with Treasury Business to determine and document business requirements.
• You will identify and document current and future state business processes/ identify infrastructure changes.
• You will work with technology partners on system designs.
• You will create test plans and test scenarios.
• You will test changes/ resolve issues.
• You will run meetings/ workshops.
• You will project manage discrete deliverables.
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience in writing technical specifications, functional specifications and test scripts.
• Extensive experience of technical/data analysis skills (e.g. using T-SQL, Excel and databases).
• Experience of project management within Agile projects.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience guiding and working with test teams. Experience coordinating user testing, issue resolution and retesting.
• Experience with complex bank migration programmes.
• Good understanding of Treasury function.
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.