- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UI Developer - 90222681
Posting Range:5 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior UI Developer
Do you want to play a pivotal role in helping us redefine the future of finance? Are you a Software Developer with experience in coding Java? Due to an exciting period of growth we have a vacancy for a Senior Java Developer within our Digital Transformation team. As a Senior Java Developer with us you will help transform the user interface our corporate clients interact with. If this Senior Java Developer position sounds like you please get in touch with us today.
The successful candidate will work within a dedicated team of engineers to help build out, maintain and expand a new Digital framework to service our Corporate clients across web, mobile, tablet and other devices. The UI developers will work directly with our UX designers and back-end Java developers to build out a new framework that can be extended to cover all existing and future services. You will be working on our highest priority piece of work as Barclays looks to overhaul its Corporate channels to align with our technology strategy related to micro-services, API’s and automation in order to improve velocity and stability of our core platforms.
What will you be doing?
• Developing scaled and performance Angular web applications.
• You will develop best in class, user focsused applications supporting corporate banking services.
• You will work with and implement DevOps toolsets and Agile ways of working, which are vital to fit into the culture of our technology teams.
• You will have the ability to start from scratch and work in a self-organising team without a complete or clear plan is vital when joining this project at its inception.
• As this is a high priority project the successful candidate should be prepared to present and discuss progress with senior stakeholders
• You will also work alongside an existing offshore development team to support the workstream and mentor more junior developers as and when required.
What we’re looking for:
• Core Java
• Expert in CSS
• Angular JS and Higher version of Angular
Skills that will help you in the role:
• DevOps tools – GIT, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, AWS, etc
• Experience in Agile delivery model
• Tomcat, Websphere and JBOSS Application Servers
Where will you be working?
Barclays Digital, Manchester: Where the best meet to build careers full of scope, variety and reward. Creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions, and redefines the future of finance. Our Digital office is based in the heart of Spinningfields: we’re close by to shops, restaurants, bars; as well as having good transport links to towns and cities across the North West.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.