- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This company is a world leading television broadcast equipment manufacturer with innovative and pioneering television broadcast equipment in use at BBC, SKY, Channel 4, ITV, ITN, Reuters, Associated Press and many other major TV stations.
They are looking for a self-motivated, experienced, high achieving sales professional to join the UK Sales Team in the role of an Account Manager.
The primary function is to nurture relationships with new and existing clients, making high level sales and being the key point of contact for internal and external client management.
This role encompasses presenting the benefits of latest technology advances and identifying any subsequent revenues stream opportunities from this as well as general day to day account management and business development.
- Manage client relations with focus on delivering exceptional service and attention in a professional and courteous way.
- Discuss unique selling points and technical details of all their products with clients.
- Create strong relationships with clients through frequent contact, fast follow-up and committed follow-through.
- Produce weekly written report of activity, customer meetings, forecast and win/lose statistics.
- Produce strategic account plans with milestones in order target continuous improvement of business and relations for each client.
- Attend UK and international trade shows
Essential skills and experience
- 5+ years professional broadcast TV sales and account management experience.
- It is a prerequisite to have professional sales training and qualifications
- Good technical knowledge for broadcast IP, SDI and analogue video and audio as well as control systems.
- Good knowledge of competitors products and strategies
- Thorough understanding of media and broadcast TV systems and ability to identify opportunities in order to find suitable applications for our solutions in client's infrastructure.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK 50-75% of the time and valid driver's license.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office environment.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Team player with patience and a determination to succeed.
- Extensive industry connections commensurate with the role.
Salary and benefits
The remuneration package comprises of a good salary commensurate with experience together with a sales bonus scheme.
This position is based just outside Reading at their high quality, air conditioned offices at 100 Berkshire Place, Wharfedale Road, Winnersh Triangle, Berkshire, RG41, although it is expected that a great deal of time is spent on the road