- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Welwyn Garden City
We're at the forefront of global healthcare. We have a responsibility, desire and capability to enact positive change, creating new stories for millions of people. Our purpose is affirmed by the extraordinary outcomes we create.
UK Clinical Operations Business Support Leader (BSL)
This is your chance to inspire and excel. You'll work with some exceptional people in a high-performing, collaborative culture.
As the Business Support Leader in UK Clinical Operations, you are accountable for setting the strategic direction for the business operations function and for providing business insight to the local Clinical Operations Head and Therapeutic Area Leads. Through effective leadership, you ensure that clinical trials are initiated, conducted and supported to completion in a highly efficient and productive manner, applying metrics and past performance data to guide decision making. You will drive continuous improvement - ideating, implementing and delivering on initiatives that lead to process & tool simplification to deliver clinical trials more efficiently.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- line management of business support function leads: Study Start up Manager, Resource Manager, Finance Manager, Local Vendor Manager.
- overseeing vendor management, contractual, financial and legal elements of clinical trial operations
- providing strategic business insight to the UK Clinical Operations Head to ensure appropriate financial, business and resource planning across the Clinical Operations department
- membership of UK Clinical Operations Leadership Team, which is accountable for setting the strategic direction clinical operations UK.
- analyzing local metrics to ensure processes and systems are in place to drive efficiency and reduce timelines across all UK clinical operations functions
- ensuring strong relationship management and engagement of key internal and external stakeholders to ensure input is sought and all internal/external requirements are met, as applicable.
- supporting study teams by partnering to propose and implement innovative technological/digital solutions to support recruitment of UK patients to clinical trials
Who you are
You will be educated to a degree level or equivalent, preferably in a medical/science-related field. Proven experience in clinical research/development or related industry.
Your career to date will impress us….You are an excellent leader, with experience in leading and overseeing key business operations functions such as Vendor Management, Contracts, Resourcing, Finance, Business performance and analytics. Demonstration of excellent systems thinking, technological capability, critical thinking and strategic agility are key competencies for success in this role. You are someone who instigates and embraces change and engages teams effectively in new ways of working to ensure optimal efficiency and simplification, where appropriate. Excellent people management skills are required as well as collaborative skills to partner with a wide stakeholder network, both local and global, internal and external, to develop solutions and approaches that continue to drive the business forward.
Able to effectively convey ideas and information to colleagues, you are a highly skilled communicator who can factor the diverse requirements of the business operations environment into strategic decision making to support clinical operations. Innovative and flexible, you'll bring excellent general business acumen grounded in a deep understanding of business support in the context of clinical operations.
Previous line management experience/supervision of staff is essential.
The next challenge awaits… here is your chance to use your operational expertise and your passion to be part of a committed team doing now what patients need next.
We'll commit to your success...Alongside a competitive salary, your benefits will be comprehensive and our spectacular premises offer a productive environment with lots for you to enjoy. We'll provide all the support you need to further your career here in ways you might have never considered. Best of all you're going to work with some of the most inspiring and friendliest people you could hope to meet.
Don't just take our word for it… here's what our employees say:
"It really matters that our drugs are world class. That we have the best data and best decisions supporting those drugs." Ruchi, PDB
"My motivation is to have a focus on really good quality science that is key in the development of medicines we are bringing to patients." Francis, PDC
Begin something extraordinary with us and apply today!
Please note the closing date for this advert is Sunday 11 August 2019.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development Clinical Operations