- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UK IT ManagerWho we are:
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We've taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
We have grown on average by 50% year on year and are now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices worldwide.
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers .
What you'll be working on:
You will be the Engineering Leader for our Corporate IT team in the UK, supporting an end user base of around 300.
As leader of our local Corporate IT team, you'll be responsible for services including internal global network and security systems, telephony, end user computer, local file and print - as well as the people, process and systems to support these services - managing all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Leader to play a pivotal role in scaling a global FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Providing technical leadership of local Corporate IT team members.
- Mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building, ensure they are coached and motivated to their full potential, provide career growth/professional development counsel and opportunities.
- Working closely with Senior Management in strategic planning and tactical execution regarding IT roadmap initiatives, financial planning, and compliance mandates.
- Cooperating closely with key stakeholders, especially with local management in Customer Services and Operations, and with our global Information Security team.
- Simplifying in-office infrastructure, internal company system/applications and production services, through effective use of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools wherever possible.
- Managing good relationship with suppliers and service providers for Corporate IT. Developing and maturing strategic partner relationships and seeking efficiency and value.
- Managing risk and compliance requirements associated with all Corporate IT provided systems and services.
- Hiring and retaining top engineering talent, fostering a high-performance culture in teams and individuals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability and skills to work in a dynamically growing environment and willing to implement change and scalable innovative IT solutions.
- Subject matter expertise across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, internal applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, end user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing).
- Significant experience in operating sophisticated technical solutions with a focus on Windows & Linux Servers, Windows, Linux and Apple Desktops, Microsoft Office365 and Google GSuite collaboration systems.
- A record of success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
- Deep technical knowledge including modern engineering technologies and practices. Significant experience in high scale Corporate IT environments.
- Proven experience as an effective people leader with a track record of building capability through developing people and optimising team performance.