- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kings Hill
UK Payroll Lead
As part of UK HR Operations function, reporting to the UK HR Operations Manager; this role is responsible for delivering payroll and employer compliance services to the UK business, with a headcount of circa 1500 employees across 6 UK sites.
As the UK Payroll Lead, you will be responsible for co-ordination of the outsourced payroll, and execution of any monthly input, checking or output activities for the full payroll cycle, plus all HMRC related employer compliance activities including annual returns and reporting requirements. The role will be responsible for full employer compliance, and will therefore be required to keep up to date with changing legislation and implement as necessary.
The business is currently undergoing a project to change payroll provider from the start of the 2020/21 tax year, and implement a new time and attendance system across our manufacturing sites. The role will be involved in the remaining stages of the implementation of the new payroll provider, and responsible for ensuring the smooth transition through to BAU after go live.
Initially whilst undertaking this project, there will be other payroll resource in place, with a future end state of this role the sole payroll role at K-C.
The UK HR and UK HR Operations team are based in our UK HQ in Kings Hill, which will be the main base for the role, but we embrace a flexible approach to work and are open to talk flexible working for the role.
- Manage the monthly payroll cycle, including any non-system driven input processing and checking, via the outsourced provider to ensure timely and accurate payment to employees
- Manage the service provided by the provider taking any corrective action where necessary and proactively recommending improvements or efficiencies. Provide technical payroll input on any payroll process or system changes as required
- Develop and communicate payroll policy and procedures to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear for all roles involved in the process, including employees, line managers, HR, Finance and the outsourced provider
- Monitor changes in payroll legislation and regulations, adapting and communicating internal policy and procedure changes as required
- Prepare and manage annual activities; P11D, PAYE Settlement Agreement, Share Return, Gender Pay Gap Reporting, Short Term Business Visitor submissions.
- Manage contact and communication with HMRC and other external regulatory bodies as required. Maintain up to date knowledge of HMRC and other regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Basic General Ledger understanding to ensure accurate payroll accounts and assist the finance departments with account reconciliations and clearing
- Process regular and ad-hoc payroll reporting and payments
- Payroll processing of pension auto-enrolment data and flexible benefits from external providers
- Administer company Share and LTI plans, processing sales/exercises, vests and purchase
- Provide payroll reporting and insights to the business as required
- Absence administration for payroll
- Manage payroll audits and internal control activities
- Completion of annual salary surveys required to provide comprehensive market data on compensation and benefits to our regional reward team
- First point of contact for employees, leaders and internal departments for payroll queries Experience Required:
- Strong payroll experience, in a sole position or small team preferably
- CIPP qualification or similar is desirable (not essential)
- Knowledge of external regulation relevant to payroll is imperative and a track record of managing within regulations, particularly HMRC for payroll and benefit taxes
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with complex employer compliance issues
- Experience processing annual payroll activities such as P11Ds, PSA, Share Returns
- Able to build and adapt payroll processes
- Ability to manage connections with HR, Finance and other internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work accurately and calmly to tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively within a dynamic and changing environment, adapting at short notice where needed
- Resilient character, able to cope with multiple demands Package:
We offer a highly competitive salary which is negotiable depending on experience.
We also offer all of these …
- 12% bonus
- Company Car/Car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 additional days
- Generous pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Dental care
- Onsite exercise classes
- Discounts on gym memberships
- Travel insurance
- Meetings over a game of table tennis
- And many more! Sound like the next step in your career or want to know more? Just click apply, and I’ll be in touch!
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role
- ms project