- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
Your future team
At AIG, we believe that people are crucial to the success of an organization. We acknowledge that the contribution of one team can make a lasting impact. We therefore work every day to ensure our employees feel valued and are given the tools to develop and reach their utmost potential. If you’re motivated to make a real difference, are collaborative and team oriented and get excited by the prospect of being an innovative change agent, then the AIG HR team is the right place for you. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
The Talent Management Specialist will, with support from local and global management, lead the talent management, learning and development initiatives for the UK (General Insurance, Investments and Corporate Functions).
Succession Planning & Talent Review Management
- Run the talent & succession planning process for the UK business to identify and develop future leaders and key expertise.
- Run the central bi-annual talent and succession review and capture and follow up on the agreed actions
- Work the HRBPs to monitor and support the roll out of Succession Planning and Talent Reviews with their client groups
Talent, Learning & Development Programme Management
- Roll out and run high potential or other development programmes for the UK
- Assist with the local roll out of STRIDE international General Insurance development programme.
- In collaboration with the Early Careers HR team, identify opportunities for the continued development for those rolling off the Analyst (Graduate) programme, enrolled in the Apprenticeship programme or professional development.
- Create and manage project plans for the AIG Talent and Career Development Programmes
- Manage the bi-annual application process for the AIG Career Development Programme. Manage the escalation process to ensure participants are meeting the requirements of programmes
- Create/update any programme documents & presentations, as needed
Training Management, Reporting and Communication
- Work with the business and HRBPs to identify training needs and work with suppliers and global L&D partners to implement training plans
- Draft and send relevant talent management related communications through the internal communications team
- Organise and host a range of events to promote and support participants to enol onto an appropriate AIG Talent, Learning or Career Development related programme.
- In conjunction with relevant HR teams, provide career and development analytics to the business, report on the talent and career development activities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You will already have a solid background/experience in talent management and are now looking to take the next step-up in your career
- A proven track record in designing and delivering learning and development initiatives. Ideally this would be combined with project management experience and techniques
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and able to influence key stakeholders.
- Experience of working with and presenting to senior leaders and an ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and deliverables - candidates must have a flexible attitude towards changing priorities and a “can do attitude
- Have a proven flair for creative thinking (outside the box)
- Financial services or professional services experience within a large complex organisation preferred.
- The candidate should ideally be CIPD qualified (or equivalent).
Key Activities for 2019
- Monitor and progress the 2019 succession planning review process carried out in April.
- Monitor and drive the Talent Review roll out by the HRBPs team in their aligned client areas
- Assist with any local roll out of STRIDE HiPo
- Devise the new high potential programme for launch in 2020.
- Launch a curriculum of compulsory and personal training and look at ways to leverage LinkedIn Learning.
- Identify/implement opportunities for continued development for those rolling off the Analyst programme, enrolled in the Apprenticeship programme or professional development.
- Define and set up business analytics/dashboard for talent and early careers.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- human resources
- ms project
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.