- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UK-VALE OF GLAMORGAN-CARDIFF
Underwriting Executive - 90227435
Primary Location:UK-Vale of Glamorgan-Cardiff
Posting Range:11 Apr 2019 - 28 Apr 2019
The Barclays Partner Finance Underwriting Team work closely to make decisions on finance applications from leading retailers and motor dealerships. These applications come through various channels and you are expected to make an accurate and prompt decision based on the information to hand, with support from various systems such as Equifax, Experian, Instinct and Affordability Calculators.
What will you be doing?
• You will carry out affordability checks with customers to ensure applications are in line with our responsible lending criteria and within regulatory guidelines.
• You will be managing your own time and productivity effectively to meet strict service requirements in a rapid and fast paced environment.
• Provide optimum levels of customer/client service by demonstrating Barclays values and through effective client and customer communications on a written and verbal basis.
• You will develop relationships with colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge and best practice, and act as a team player at all times
• Your role requires evaluative judgement and analytical skills, with speed of effective decision-making essential where decisions are required within minutes
• All activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, enterprise wide risk management framework and internal Barclays policies and policy standards.
What we’re looking for:
• You will have Financial Industry knowledge.
• You will have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
• You will have good organisational skills with the ability to plan / prioritise workload effectively.
• You will have strong attention to detail.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Any prior experience in credit decision systems i.e. Experian, Equifax and Call Credit.
• A general understanding of lending operations, to include the Data Protection Act, the Consumer Credit Act, CIFAS, Money Laundering legislation and regulatory requirements.
Note: (Opening hours Mon -Sat 8am-10pm and Sun -9am - 6pm)
Within your shift rotation you may be required to work 3 weekends out of 4.
We are looking for both part time and full time applicants.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of the Historic City Centre which is easily accessible by train or car. Home to the Welsh Rugby team and the Principality Stadium. The city centre has undergone a number of redevelopment projects, including St. David's 2, which extended the shopping district southwards, creating 100 new stores and a flagship John Lewis, the only branch in Wales and the largest outside London.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.