- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
Requisition ID: (1900000439)
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Job Function: Engineering
Job Posting: Feb 21, 2019, 7:49:59 AM
At Vertiv, we build products that keep critical technologies running 24/7. We are proud we were the first to protect mainframes with precision cooling systems. We were the first to introduce an integrated enclosure system to distributed networks. We help some of the largest names in the industry bring new capacity online faster and at a lower cost when search and social media increased demand for storage and computing. Our portfolio spans power, thermal and infrastructure management products, software and solutions, and is complemented by a network of nearly 250 service centers worldwide.
We are now looking for a UPS Trainee to support our Sellafield site in Cumbria. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain training in UPS Systems. A sought after and niche skillset. Once you have completed your training you will be responsible for start ups, maintenance, and emergency repairs for UPS, battery, power distribution, and site monitoring equipment. Required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, salesmen, distributors, and others within the area. Maintain continuous communications with Call Control and the department Manager/Supervisor.
- Respond, in a professional manner, to all assigned service calls while on duty.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and in accordance with established company safety policy.
- Perform all work using good working practice and current codes of practice/legislation relevant to assigned task.
- Assist in ensuring that the planned maintenance completion rate is maintained at a min 90% .
- Assist call control to schedule, plan and complete any works as required, using established work flow procedures.
- Maintain the accuracy of the customer listing by reporting errors with the site change form.
- Work as part of the service team.
- Follow up and follow through with any and all assigned tasks.
- Provide on site technical assistance with difficult problems.
- Work closely & assist department supervisors, salesman, contracts engineers & managers with their day-to day operational duties.
- Coordinate and run assigned projects, ensuring they run smoothly and ensure the highest quality service is delivered on time and within budget
- Update weekly the supervisors/managers on status of assigned projects
- Provide technical support to other ENP engineers, sub contractors and customers
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- HNC/HND In Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Computer Literate (All office associated programs such as , word, excel, outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self starter, ability to plan , organise and manage time effectively with an ability to work under pressure
- Clean Valid driving licence
- A significant amount of after hours and weekend work, frequently scheduled with little notice
- Travel on a daily basis to and from customer sites
- Will be required to stay away from home or travel long distances.
- Occasional heavy lifting required ( 30 kg. )
- You will be expected to operate as part of a team
- May be required to travel abroad from time to time.
- You will be supplied with a Company uniform, which must be warn at all times while working.
Candidates need to be based in Cumbria