- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for a User Researcher to join the Premium Opportunities and Propositions team in our Premium Mission. You will be part of the Premium Insights team that consists of 25 highly motivated and passionate individuals, specialising in both Data Science and User Research. We provide a holistic understanding of our Premium users to inform strategy and product development.
As part of our team you will study user behaviour and work with product and design to bring those needs to life in our offerings. Your work will impact how we think about our users, our ability to identify and satisfy their needs, and create compelling offerings and experiences informed by those needs.
This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
What you’ll do
- Shape the culture in Premium Insights for exploring user needs through rapid design iteration
- Drive research to uncover user needs and support translating those needs into early product design directions
- Deliver directional insights and facilitate bringing them to life through workshops, brainstorms and design sprints
- Leverage evaluative frameworks to facilitate evidence-based decisions
- Contribute actively to company-wide research practice and community
- Work from our NY or London office and be willing to travel internationally
Who you are
- You have 3+ years in a hands on research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, Design or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods, but are in expert in the early stages of product development (concepting, prototyping, etc)
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the company
Spotify is a Swedish commercial music streaming, podcast and video service that provides digital rights management-restricted content from record labels and media companies including BBC, Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group, and Universal. Music can be browsed or searched by artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label. Paid "Premium" subscriptions remove advertisements, improve audio quality and allow users to download music for offline listening.