- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
giffgaff is a little different to your ‘normal’ telecoms company. It’s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
The Role and the Team
At giffgaff we focus on our members. They are at the heart of everything we do and having all our teams speaking to them regularly is a must have.
You be our champion in this space and become the voice of our members, advocate for their needs and provide insights of how that impacts the user experience and business outcomes.
You will lead the way UX research is run at giffgaff, working with our talented and multidisciplinary product teams, involving Product Designers, Product Owners, data analysts, Marketing and Developers to shape the member experience.
As our ideal candidate, you have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours and the challenges they face.
We’re looking for a meticulous User Experience Researcher who can work independently. You’ll have proven strong experience of working within a fast paced agile and lean environment, involving the teams in the preparation of the research scripts and in the observation of the member interviews or group discussion, for them to actively gather insights while the sessions take place.
While your position is based in Uxbridge, you may be occasionally asked to travel and conduct research activities in other locations.
The candidate needs to be comfortable managing relationships with the rest of the UX team, allowing them to participate in the conduction of research activities, while training and coaching them. You will also be managing the relationship of giffgaff with recruiting and research agencies, and research related tools that you will also make available to the teams.
You will report directly to the Head of Product Design.
- Plan, conduct and analyse qualitative research on multiple aspects of the users experience in close collaboration with the product designers and stakeholders. This includes applying different research methods - e.g. usability test interviews, survey studies, heuristic analysis, card sorting and focus groups.
- Support product teams to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into the research plan.
- Work with external agencies and the giffgaff community of members to recruit the right research participants and to schedule study sessions.
- Set up our in-house research lab, or book external labs depending on the location where the study is performed.
- Manage equipment and tools for remote studies.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritise research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Previous experience must have’s:
- Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX research with at least 3 years’ experience of working as a UX researcher on digital products.
- Strong track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
- Experience of working in an agile product development environment and applying lean UX research methods.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders.
- Experience of using and managing the use of online research tools e.g. unmoderated remote testing, online surveys.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- Able to prioritize time between multiple projects and be flexible by adapting to quickly changing schedules and different projects.
- Manage relationships with external research agencies.
- A graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- Project management skills