- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Van Driver (3.5t curtain side) to join our Transport team based in Newcastle. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary, depending on experience plus benefits including:
- Auto enrolment pension 3% employer contribution
- Company sponsored cashback health scheme
- Company bonus scheme
As our Driver you will demonstrate a high level of transport expertise in a busy and demanding environment.
Responsibilities of our Driver will include:
- Daily truck inspections before use, to ensure complete safety.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Flexible attitude to suit the needs of the job.
- Tachograph / driving hour’s knowledge where applicable.
- Maintaining communication with your Manager or traffic operative.
- Ability to control the vehicle through hazards including adverse weather.
- Experience with load security - roping and sheeting (where applicable).
- Physically fit to suit the needs of the job.
- Ensure the load you are carrying does not exceed the permitted weight of the vehicle.
- When moving an abnormal load always ensure that notifications, routes and RAMS where applicable are carried with the vehicle.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition.
- Courteous attitude to others both whilst driving and off the road.
- Work with colleagues in a friendly and cooperative, professional manner.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as may be allocated by line or senior manager.
- At all times ensure compliance to LVHSSQE systems and procedures. Ensure safety of yourself and others around you. Be aware of trade compliance regulations, multilateral trade regimes, dual use requirements, know your customer.
If you think you have the skills and experience to join the team as our Driver, apply now!
- safety and security