- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Chipping Norton
Hillcrest Park School an education provision, based in North Oxfordshire requires a Vocational Instructor to join their established Education team. Offering a salary of £22,655 p.a - £25,987 p.a, depending on experience. Based near Chipping Norton the school is within a commutable distance of Chipping Camden, Bourton-on-the-water, Charlbury, Oxford, Banbury, Bicester and other surrounding towns and villages.
Park School is a DfE registered independent school that offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 7 – 18 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. Park School provides a structured and supportive environment in order to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of all our pupils at each stage of their schooling.
Working as a Vocational Instructor and KS4 Coordinator you will develop schemes of work and plan lesson, in line with national objectives, which are tailored to each of our pupils to ensure they will achieve positive results. You will be working in partnership with your team to ensure the behaviours of the students are monitored; and provide good channels of communication between the school, parents, residential staff and relevant multi-agencies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
This is a full time/ permanent position, working 40 hours per week, term time only; and would suit an enthusiastic individual who is committed to ensuring all pupils achieve their academic potential. This position will require schooling students on a range of subjects at KS3/KS4, but will focus on the teaching of the ICT curriculum and the gaining of relevant qualifications.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Teaching across a range of subjects with a focus on ICT to enhance pupil learning
- Planning schemes of work for your areas of responsibility
- Maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments both locally and nationally
- Monitoring the progress of pupils through regular tracking of performance
- Promoting the school Behaviour Management Policy and ensuring the schools child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures are encouraged
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Instructor status
- Current knowledge and experience of subject specialism – ICT/BTEC/ASDAN.
- Awareness of planning programmes of study
- Be experienced or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
- Committed to safely managing the behaviour of vulnerable pupils.
If you are a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual looking to further your career as a Vocational Instructor please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary scale of £22,655 p.a - £25,987 p.a,plus excellent company benefits.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Hillcrest Park School forms part of the Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,655.00 to £25,987.00 /year
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) (Required)
- Full UK Driving Licence (Required)