- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why do we need your help?
Metabolic Support UK is a leading patient umbrella organisation, supporting those with an Inherited Metabolic Disorder. We are currently looking for 5 Voluntary IMD Research Assistants to take part in a 6-month IMD profiling project. As a Metabolic Support UK voluntary Research Assistant, you will gain hands on experience in the Non-profit sector, whilst learning key research and analysis skills preparing you for a career in medical research. We are looking for enthusiastic, proactive and experienced post-graduate students to join our Research team and contribute to our profiling project.
What will I be doing?
This is a specific role which involves;
- Conducting literature reviews and identifying areas of gap in evidence.
- Critically analysing and evaluating data collected.
- Prepare, maintain and update summaries and materials for external presentation.
- Manage and respond to project related emails.
- Attend project meetings.
- Contribute to the planning of the project and use of resources.
What skills/experience do I need?
- You will need to be enrolled in a Post-Graduate program within the Scientific or Medical fields. **
- A good understanding of research methodologies and tools to critically appraise research papers.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet set deadlines and targets.
- A keen motivator with an interest in the work of Metabolic Support UK.
- Experience or desire to work in the Non-Profit Sector.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Desire to pursue a career in medical and health research.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Bachelor's (Required)