- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
VP - Legal Risk, Governance & Control - 90225026
Posting Range:1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Legal Risk Governance and Control, VP
This role will be focused on:
1. Supporting and managing delivery of multiple global firm-wide requirements relating to Legal Principal Risk and risks applicable to the Legal Function
2. Supporting and managing delivery of multiple global firm- wide requirements in respect of reporting and financial impacts relating to contentious matters managed by Legal, including public disclosures
3. Supervise and manage junior colleagues to support deliver of the above and the objectives of the LRGC team
What will you be doing?
• Understanding the Group General Counsel’s risk and control responsibilities as Legal Risk Principal Owner and Head of the Legal Function
• Supporting and leading aspects of the planning, strategic execution and timely delivery of:
o Legal Risk and Legal Function Risk and Control Assessments (RCSAs)
o Implementation of Barclays Control Framework
o Controls Testing
o Refresh of the Legal Risk Management Framework and Legal Risk Policies and Standards
o Updates to the Risk and Control library
o Quarterly LRGC entity reports
o Board and Group Level Risk and Control committee papers
o LExCo LRGC meeting papers
• Acting as an SME in relation to the Legal Risk Policies, Barclays Control Framework and the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and manager of strategic solutions to risk and control issues
• Assisting with targeted training in relation to Legal Risk and working collaboratively with Legal Policy owners and their delegates
• Liaise with the Chief Controls Office (CCO) teams, Group Risk, Operational Risk, other Principal Risk teams and BIA as required in respect of requirements relating to Legal Principal Risk and risks applicable to the Legal Function.
• Supporting the Legal Risk, Governance and Control Leads throughout
What we’re looking for:
• Degree or equivalent
• Legal qualification
• Quick learner with real attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
• Comfortable engaging stakeholders (of all levels of seniority), excellent communication skills and proven ability to flex style and form strong, effective and influential relationships
• Ability to take decisions autonomously, with limited supervision and have the skill to understand when to seek support
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Line Management experience
• Litigation experience
• Risk and control management
• Experience working in-house in a Legal Function
• Experience working within financial services industry
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.