- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly.As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details.With your skills and imagination, together we willinnovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The York Marriott Hotel is situated in grounds overlooking theracecourse, with a busy bus route passing right by our door, and connections inand out of both York and Leeds we are very easy to reach.
We offer our associates a competitive benefits package:
Discounted Rooms rates for you and your friends and familyin over6000 hotels across the globe
Discounted Food & Beverage in Marriott Hotels (including £5breakfast)
Global Careers Opportunities
FREE Meals on Duty, Tea & CoffeeCar Parking, Uniform, GymMembership
50% off Paddy & Scotts Coffee
Discounted Cinema Tickets, Shopping vouchers, Days out and Hollidaydiscounts
FREE passes into some of York’s biggest attractions.
Apprenticeship programmes up to and including level 5 in OperationalManagement
If you are willing to be dedicated in your role with a positiveattitude, you can go far with Marriott.
Apply now and start your journey with Marriott,it could be ‘Where you Belong’
Do youwant to work in a fun and fast paced environment, with friendly co-workers andsupportive supervisors?
Couldyou play a vital role in creating a memorable stay for our Guests ensuring theyare well looked after whilst dining in the Hotel, whether in the Restaurant,Bar or in their room?
Do youpride yourself on your high standards and excellent attention to detail?
Weare looking for a Food and Beverage Associate who will be dedicated to theteam, works well under pressure and can deliver consistently excellent customerservice.
The Food & Beverage Associate will work a minimum of 12hours per week, working 2 days over 7, evenings or weekend breakfast.
Rate of Pay is £7.70- £8.21 per hour plus service chargeand gratuities [shared out by the Tronc process]
- Servingfood courses and beverages to guests either in the Bar, Restaurant or RoomService.
- Beingattentive during service and checking in with guests to ensure satisfactionwith each food course and/or beverages.
- Answeringquestions on menu selections including allergen information, dietary needs andspecial requests. In addition to communicating these to the kitchen.
- Workingclosely and professionally with the Kitchen team regarding menu questions, thelength of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Recordingall transactions in MICROS system at time of order, presenting accurate billinformation to guests and follow all cash handling procedures thoroughly.
- Maintainingexcellent cleanliness of work areas, crockery & glassware.
- Speakwith others using clear and professional language.
We are ideally looking for someone with:
- ExcellentCustomer Service Skills
- CashHandling experience and numerical skills
- Some foodand beverage experience in order to serve customers and deliver room serviceorders with confidence.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employercommitted to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability,veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.