- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Recruiting a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Homeslessness and Complex Needs Services in Hackney!
£20,124 per annum, working 36 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Hackney Road Abstinent Service delivers support in partnership with the local drug and alcohol agency as well as various external agencies. The aim of the service is to re-enable customers and support them to move on as part of a planned process dependent on them evidencing successful maintenance and compliance of planned scripting and abstinent stability using the Recovery Model. The service is a 35 bedded abstinence project which provides temporary accommodation to individuals who are currently abstaining from drug/alcohol use.
Waking Night Support Workers will provide 'core' support to assist customers to develop the skills they require to meet their assessed needs and recovery goals. This will include providing support with the physical, domestic, emotional and social needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to manage their tenancies and live independent lives in the community. In particular Waking Night Support Workers will deliver site-based support, ensuring a safe and effective environment and be proactive in responding to emerging support needs and concerns
- Build supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker
- Take on some 'co-key working' responsibilities for a caseload as required and conduct regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensure the service environment is positive, supportive and a place of safety and stability for customers including being proactive in supporting emerging needs, risks, incidents and visitor arrangements
- Arrange for support effective out-of-hours responses to serious matters of concern or incidents that require additional input to safely resolve. This will include communicating emerging needs or presenting issues clearly and articulately to appropriate services in order to gain an effective response as required
- Deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. This may include practical tasks that are essential for independent living such as handling mail and supporting phone calls. This may also include delivering personal and physical care, including but not limited to support with personal hygiene, meal preparation, medication management and personal finances as required
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks, including practical assistance to ensure a high quality living environment that promotes customers' dignity, respect and allows customers to feel safe and welcome in their own home. In some cases, this will include hands on support to maintain customers' living standards, including enabling a clean, safe and homely environment.
- Enable customers to make full use of community and neighbourhood facilities by providing support and advice as required
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Shift lead, ensuring effective coordination of staff time so that all planned service and customer activities are attended to during the course of the shift
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Housing & Care plus those specific to the project, including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all other Look Ahead policies and procedures
- Maintain a good standard of records as required at the project under the direction of the Managers
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the development of the service as required
- Engaging in Learning and Development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
For more information or to apply please visit our website
About the company