- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £8.10 - £10.53 gross per hour
Position: Warehouse Apprenticeships x3
Grade/Salary: RCS P/£8.10 per hour (Lates £9.72, Nighs £10.53)
Contract Type: Fixed-Term (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 26th July 2019
Shift pattern is 5 out of 7 (5 nights out of 6)
Nights - Sunday to Friday
10pm to 6am
Earliers - Monday to Sunday 6am to 2pm
Lates - Monday to
Friday 2pm to 10pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 6am to 2pm
For the role of a Warehouse Apprentice you will carry out warehouse tasks as directed. You will work in all areas of the warehouse, achieving the required standards, productivities and ensuring company policy and procedures are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
* Performing the duties of a warehouse operative - using a voice operated warehouse system
* Manual handling
* Working in a team environment
* Working in a safe manner aligned to Safe System Of Work, Standard Operating Procedures' and Risk Assessments
* Operating IT systems - as required
* Work within a physically demanding environment
* Operating mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE)
* Ensure the merchandise is handled and transferred correctly maintaining high standards and quality presentation
* Processing paperwork - as required
* Perform additional duties as assigned by management
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Previous warehouse work experience (desirable)
* Mechanical Handling Equipment experience
* Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
* Ability to undertake management instructions in a timely manner
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Ability to follow operating procedures and safety rules including SSOW, SOP's and RA's
* Promote the safe use of equipment and tools
* Handling of stock promoting all the accuracy and quality standards within the operation
During the 15 month apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative qualification - you will be allocated a Mentor and a Learner Manager from The Apprenticeship Training Provider who will be a subject matter expert in the field of the Apprenticeship you will be under taking. They will ensure that during the 15 months you will be given the support and assistance you will need to ensure you achieve your Apprenticeship Qualification.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement with the desire to succeed, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Please include a cover letter stating why you have applied for this role. Please also include copies of any prior learning, GCSE, O level, A/AS Level, HND, BTEC, NVQ, Diplomas, degrees. Applications received without a cover letter and certificates of prior learning will automatically be rejected.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKWorking HoursLocationThrapstonShift RequirementRotationalJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionRelocation OfferedNoneCareer LevelGraduates & Entry-Level ProfessionalsTravel RequiredNo Business TravelResponsible forTravel ExtentNoneReports tofirst line managerWork Permit RequiredYesTarget Hire Date7/26/2019