- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom
£8.21 to £8.21
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At DEBRA we are currently looking for a Furniture & Electrical Warehouse Assistant to join our team based in Maidstone. The successful candidate will join us on a permanent basis working 14 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary of £8.21 per hour.
DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin condition EB.
Until that day, DEBRA focuses its work in two areas:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- We provide care and support to individuals and families living with EB.
We couldn’t do any of this without raising substantial funds, which is why you will be so integral to our success.
About the Furniture & Electrical Warehouse Assistant Role
DEBRA is currently seeking an efficient and highly motivated individual to join the team at its furniture and electrical store in Maidstone.
The successful candidate will have act as the representative of DEBRA Ltd within the shop, ensure full compliance of the shop with all Health and Safety legislation Trading Standards and all other legal or statutory requirements and assist the shop management in meeting shop sales targets.
Key Responsibilities of our Furniture & Electrical Warehouse Assistant will include:
- Ensure a professional presentation of the shop at all times
- Be responsible for the physical movement of heavy furniture and electrical items, assisting van drivers loading and unloading
- Removing sold goods from the floor and placing them in the correct place
- Refreshing the shop floor by moving furniture items into new displays
- Being responsible for thorough electrical function tests
- Cover the desk, phone and customer service role when necessary to a high standard
- Ensure till procedures are followed.
- Help to ensure that the shop provides a focal point to inform the public of the work of DEBRA.
- When required attend any approved induction or training programs of DEBRA.
- Assist in ensuring the shop is kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Keep the Shop Manager informed of shop maintenance work required.
- Always act in accordance with the philosophy of DEBRA in carrying out these duties
What we’re looking for in our Furniture & Electrical Warehouse Assistant
You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, physically fit and capable of lifting heavy furniture and electrical goods. You will also have good customer service and retail administration skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure and to meet targets.
Benefits of working for DEBRA:
- Generous bonus scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Auto enrolment of Personal Pensions Scheme
- Generous Training Budgets – The opportunity of professional development – DEBRA employees are encouraged to voice their training needs and wherever possible these will be fulfilled.
- Salary Sacrifice – the option to take part of your salary in childcare vouchers
- Increased holiday entitlement and rewards for long service.
- Staff Discount
- Financial Recognition for reaching KPI’s
- Opportunity to take an apprenticeship
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as our new Furniture & Electrical Warehouse Assistant then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!