- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- East Kilbride
Role: Warehouse Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: East Kilbride
Our client is one of the UK's largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
Responsible for: All Warehouse Personnel, drivers and Supervisors.
To control all aspects of the warehouse and distribution for Scotland, Health and safety, Quality, Regulatory compliance, in co-operation with group operational support.
To work with senior managers and Directors on key areas of company work including:
- Company Management
- Human Resources
The Warehouse Manager will manage the site on day to day basis, and take responsibility for the implementation of the above and all aspects of day-to-day company activity and growth of the region
The Warehouse Manager will undertake a wide range of responsibilities as follows:
- Provide leadership and vision in developing and implementing the short and long term plans for the site.
- Manage the warehouse team and work with them to achieve depot sales.
- Manage the operations and all staff needed in the regional depot to achieve high company standards while adhering to guidelines.
- Maintain and develop working relationships with customers via account managers.
- Maintain and develop strong communications with both internal stakeholders and external service providers.
- Support staff in their day to day use of the IT systems
- Report an IT issues that could potentially effect the business to the IT Management /Team.
To manage the administration of the human resource policies, procedures and programs including:
- Recruitment of all staff within the operations department.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Employee development and training
- Employee relations.
- Employee safety, welfare and health.
- Liaise with the Management Accountant and Financial Director to manage company finances.
- Oversee all expenditure with the depot.
- Ensure the warehouse monthly payroll is submitted to General Manager accordingly and accurate.
- Negotiate warehouse supplier's contracts ensuring the best possible service is given with a competitive price.
- Adherence to all implemented SOP'S
- Ensure that the site complies with GDP guidelines
- Completes a monthly audit documentation for the site as requested
- Perform Self Audits as instructed
- Maintain and manage accurate data
- KPI implementation and management as requested
Mon-Friday 10am-7pm but this could be negotiated to do alternate weeks of 1 week earlies 6am-3pm then 10am-7pm.
Saturday as required for projects-moving shelving/deep cleaning this would be given back as time owed.
The successful candidate:
Will have experience or running a busy warehouse including transport/logistics.
You will be experienced in goods in/out and distribution.
Any experience in the pharmaceuticals or engineering sector would be advantageous.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
- human resources