- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Warehouse Operative / Driver you will be responsible for achieving appropriate performance in all warehouse activities and tasks.
The key delivery aspect of this role is to ensure the customer receives the correct product, the correct quantity, the correct quality and the correct delivery time/date.
You will also have responsibility for the delivery of all products of the business supplied from our Trade Counter.
You will deliver the products in a timely and professional manner as required by the company and the customer.
You are responsible for company procedures in, cash handling, stock control and maintenance, Health & Safety with the branch vehicle checks and safe loading.
* Assist the manager in the development, plans and sales strategies for your branch that ensures the attainment of maximising company sales and profitability in accordance with company policy.
Ensure that your branch achieves or surpasses any targets and budgets set in accordance with the group policy.
* Assist in the development and implementation of sales, development and marketing plans as required.
* Be able to identify, pick, load and deliver product in a timely and professional way.
* Unloading, checking, picking, and loading deliveries.
* Provide cover in the absence of the manager/assistant.
* Assist in staff reviews, training and activity performance.
* Ensure health and safety processes and procedures are followed at all times.
* Agree and complete training and development requirements as determined by the Supervisor/Manager and the training plan.
* Safeguard property issued by the company.
* Ensure workplace is clean and tidy
- all housekeeping procedures are followed and the workplace is safe.
* Maintain accurate records of sales, deliveries, vehicle checks reports as required.
* Promotion of the highest levels of customer service and ensuring a top customer experience at all times.
* Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and help ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
* Good local Knowledge, and knowledge of the local road system.
* Full UK driving licence
* PC Literate
* Able to listen and follow instructions
* Ideally some knowledge of the construction industry
* Able to work well within a close team environment
- consistent, clear, integrity, enthusiastic, trust worthy
* Level headed
- Able to deal with problems in a calm and methodical manner
* Local knowledge of customers and the local area
* Physically fit
* Team player, flexible with a "can do" attitude
- customer service
- stock control