- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Warehouse Operative x 8 - Sainsbury's
Shift Patterns: Rotational
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 27th May 2019
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we’re looking for world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
To effectively carry out a variety of warehouse tasks as trained and as directed.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- Work in a team environment and supporting other team members
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety requirements
- Process paperwork (as required)
- Operate IT systems (as required)
- Work within a physically demanding environment
- Manual Handling
- Operate Mechanical Handling Equipment
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations
- Have appropriate hand, eye and foot co-ordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment
- Ability to move product which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and/or lifting, in line with Health & Safety regulations
- Forklift Certificate
- MHE Certificate
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; pension scheme, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.