- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Since 2002, Production Hire Ltd have specialised in supplying cost-effective PA Systems, lighting, LED Screens and Stages to the live events industry. We work closely with high profile clients in all areas of technical production including festivals, outdoor shows, conferences, arena shows and tours within the UK.
Our people are the heart of our business and we will work closely with you to develop your career goals within a friendly and fun environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated and forward thinking problem solver, who can take ownership of our sound department, covering both prep for shows and general maintenance and repair of our extensive PA / microphone / DJ equipment stock.
The role would cover the following areas:
- Prepping sound equipment for shows and tours
- Conducting proactive and reactive maintenance and fault finding on equipment
- Maintaining stocks of spare parts and other consumables in conjunction with the warehouse manager
- Managing your own time and workflow, liaising with other members of staff as appropriate to meet deadlines
- Other company wide duties as necessary (e.g. loading/unloading of trucks and helping to keep the warehouse tidy)
Our standard working hours are 9am-6.00pm, but due to the nature of the entertainment industry, some overtime will be required, including early starts, late finishes and occasional weekend working.
- You’ll have prior experience working with sound equipment in the entertainment industry, including practical experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- You’ll be able to effectively form and maintain relationships, working both on your own and as part of our friendly team
- You’ll have great problem solving skills and be able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of our industry
- You’ll be prepared to work overtime when required to meet deadlines, including weekend working where necessary
Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas.):
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Electrical/PAT testing qualifications
- Familiarity with high end sound equipment (L Acoustics, Digidesign, Digico, Yamaha, Shure, Sennheiser)
- Manufacturer specific training/certificates
You should ideally be based locally to Northamptonshire.
To apply for this position please send a CV and a covering letter as to why you feel you are suitable for the position.
Job Type: Full-time