- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Reporting to: Web Team lead. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced developer to take up a key development role within our clients development team working on cloud technologies.
* Designing and developing high quality, testable software in cloud applications.
* Working with Marketing and User Experience designers to implement new features with a highly usable and consistent look-and-feel.
* Contributing to discussions involving the architecture of our applications.
* Debugging applications to support our customer service team in the field.
* Ensuring that software is delivered to a high standard and is properly tested.
There will also be the possibility of occasional UK travel to customer sites.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
* Understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML and CSS
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
* Experience of developing and working with RESTful microservices
* RDBMS skills
* Comfortable implementing unit/integration/component/performance testing
* Data visualisation and Analytics
* Experience in working in close cooperation with other engineering disciplines such as
* DevOps, marketing and product management
* Agile software development using Scrum and/or Kanban
* Personable, commercially aware, customer facing
In addition to this, any of the following would be advantageous:
* Single page applications frameworks such as AngularJS or React
* No-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB
* Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Scripting in Bash or Python
* Use of a project management tool such as Jira
* Web protocols such as MQTT or HTTP(S)
* Cloud based development through AWS or equivalent
* Infrastructure as code using Terraform or Serverless
* B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
* Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read, write and
* speak English
* Strong interpersonal skills