- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,000.00 - £22,000.00 gross per year
Do you have great customer service skills, and are you passionate about helping to deliver a programme to develop the lives of Young People?
Could you communicate and engage effectively with young people and their parent / guardians about the National Citizen Service (NCS) Programme?
Consider the role of Contact Centre Executive at Reed in Partnership based in Central Chelmsford.
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities, and this role plays a vital part in the delivery of the National Citizen Service. The NCS is a government funded youth programme aimed at 15-17 year olds, and is designed to bring together young people from all walks of life to develop skills, teamwork and make them ready for life after school.
This is no ordinary call centre role, you will act as the gateway to the programme by selling its benefits to young people and their parent / guardians, following up on expressions of interest, managing new sign ups to the programme and answering queries from interested parties.
This is a weekend only, part time role. There are shifts available between the following hours:
8am – 9pm Saturday
8am – 6pm Sunday
The Contact Centre Executive is responsible for delivering outstanding telephone based support to proactively engage with young people who have already expressed their interest in participating in the NCS programme.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- To achieve agreed targets and effectively handle queries from young people, parents and guardians to increase participation
- To provide good customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the administration of new sign ups, cancellations and transfers ensuring accuracy at all times
- Manage the outcome of calls to ensure the appropriate action is taken, e.g. updating the system, arranging call backs, logging feedback
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a high quality customer service over the phone.
- Experience of the use of database systems to input data and interrogate information and produce reports.
- Experience of the use of Excel.
- Personal attributes will include effective: Influencing, Interpersonal, Attention to Detail, Target Orientation, Drive & Resilience, Verbal Communications and Customer Service skills
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working in a call centre environment.
- Experience of working in the youth sector.
What's in it for you?
You will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata), the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and many many more!
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
- customer service