- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Wholesale Credit Risk BI Developer - 90225575
Posting Range:11 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
A brand new opportunity has become available within Glasgow for a BI Developer within our RFT Technology team. This team comprises of a number of dedicated and talented professionals whose role it is to ensure that we approach problems in a cross-functional manner and deliver sustainable solutions to support our data, technology and process transformations. You will be a critical member of this team and contribute towards the delivery of a number of exciting and cutting edge solutions across the Firm.
What will you be doing?
• Develop business data solutions using Microsoft MSSQL and Business Objects
• Ensure the safe keeping of intellectual property through use of source code control
• Assist in the deployment of pre-release functionality and User Acceptance Testing
• Provide go-live and post implementation technical support of your changes
• Adopt the agile approach
• Translate business requirements into IT designs, prototypes and functional solutions
• React promptly to business challenges and numerical queries
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrable experience of Business Objects in complex data environments
• Business Objects universe design and implementation experience
• Experience of implementing efficient relational database code
• Able to add business value by adding incremental and new functionality
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of source code control utilities such as Git/Bitbucket
• Database design and development on Microsoft SQL Server
• Programming tools and languages such as HTML5, REST APIs, AngularJS
• Use of Jira or CA Agile Central
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.