- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Wholesale IVU - AVP - 90229458
Posting Range:22 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Model Validation, Wholesale - AVP
IVU is an independent arm of MRM with accountability to senior management and Board of the firm for the review and challenge of all models and assumptions driven non-model methods (NMM) to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance of the model risk measurement and management, in support of Barclays customer and commercial agenda. IVU is structured in 4 teams (2 US, 2 UK based) covering all models in Barclays. This role sits in the London Wholesale, Finance/Treasury and Stress testing IVU team and covers mainly IRB and other wholesale models used in RWA and IFRS9 areas mainly.
What will you be doing?
The person filling the role is responsible for being model validator for a wide range of IRB and IFRS9 models as well as support other model validation efforts in MTP, IST, ICAAP and BoE stress testing frameworks. These models/frameworks are crucially important for daily business management of the Barclays Group and its legal entities as well as to meet important regulatory requirements with respect to independent validation of these frameworks.
• Perform technical analyses, data analyses, benchmarking, build challenger models (if needed) to support the validation review and challenge process
• Role holder must be able to challenge others and be open to challenge
• Role holder should seek direction on which issues are material but have own views on this also.
• Produce high quality model validation reports, with a particular focus on noting limitations, weaknesses and assumptions
What we’re looking for:
• Highly numerate, as demonstrated by Honours degree, Masters or PhD (or similar) in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Economics, or Finance
• Significant experience of coding in R/SQL/C++/Python or equivalent language, including handling large datasets and writing functions.
• Good communication and influencing skills, ability to produce high quality written communication for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Highly organised in terms of documentation and follow through.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ph.D. in quantitative fields, such as Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Finance, and Economics
• Relevant experience in either model development or in model validation
• Ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to work and liaise with others in a diverse team
• Beyond risk management, knowledge in financial projection, capital management and treasury
Where will you be working?
• 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.