- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Windows & VM Ware Engineer - 90212364
Posting Range:20 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title VM WARE Team Leader
The VM Ware Team Leader will be a key technical leader in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising their excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents. As a member of the Operations Infrastructure team, the primary function of the role is to ensure the virtualisation and storage platform is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
What will you be doing?
• Ownership of all risks that relate to the NetApp, VMware and Microsoft Infrastructure
• Adherence to Barclays standards for change control, security and design patterns.
• A proven track record of managing critical infrastructure systems and services in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
• Excellent customer skills for direct interaction with internal and external teams.
• Define Build & Operational procedures and documentation to ensure a consistently delivery of services in a dynamic environment.
• Define quality standards in the deployment and support of Netapp, VMWare and Microsoft services that underpin all BPS services
• Lead and define the VMware, Microsoft and NetApp delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
• Initiate and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the VMware, Microsoft and NetApp roadmap
What we’re looking for:
• Strong Troubleshooting skills
• Strong Active Directory and Group Policy skills
• Strong NetAPP Data OnTAP v8 or later with strong cluster skills
• Strong virtualisation skills and understanding of VMware ESX/vSphere concepts
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of and experience in deploying a DevOps culture, tools and processes
• Understanding of the other areas that are not covered by the expert certification e.g. VMWare, Microsoft Active Directory or NetApp Storage and clustering concepts.
• Good skills and understanding of the core technologies and a desire to automate functions
Where will you be working?
Barclays Fleet is a technology hub supporting key services for Barclays and Barclaycard. Our Fleet colleagues provide the support required for Barclaycard to process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. The Fleet office is a 2 minute walk from the train station, and is easily reached by train (40 minutes to Waterloo and 18 minutes to Woking) or car.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.