- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Workflow Solutions Asset Class Aligned - 90230515
Posting Range:29 Mar 2019 - 29 Apr 2019
Job Title – Workflow Solutions Asset Class Aligned
Location - London
Digital Strategy Group (DSG) is a cross-functional team in the Markets front-office business. DSG’s mission is to define forward-looking digital strategies to defend our existing businesses, aggressively identify new revenue opportunities, and deliver digital solutions to improve productivity and enhance client experience.
DSG coordinates across businesses and oversees implementation of pan Markets digital strategy initiatives. The team consists of product managers, designers and business representatives. DSG is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, potential client and vendor partnerships and building digital products that could transform the way we and our clients do business.
DSG works in partnership with the Trading, Distribution and Research as well as the Group Innovation Office, Statistical Modelling and Development, Data Science Platform, Technology and Operations. By leveraging our Data Science Platform, Digital Strategy will be responsible for developing advanced analytics, creating workflow tools and apps and integrating third party software to deliver revolutionary tools.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a strong leader in London to drive digital strategy and workflow initiatives in the region. The individual should have well-rounded skill sets, business/client facing experience, and the technical expertise to make things happen. This is a high-impact role.
• Oversee strategic workflow solutions in EMEA – looking at how to leverage data science and new technology to automate workflow and surface insights to bring efficiencies and uncover new revenue opportunities
• Partner with sales, trading, research teams in the region to identify user journey and E2E workflow opportunities
• Identify workflow solutions and partner with legal, compliance, operations and technology teams to automate and optimize pre-trade and post trade process
• Partner with technology teams to deliver enterprise workflow solutions to improve information discovery and increase productivity
• Partner with data science teams to drive strategic client intelligence
• Partner with clients and industry participants on innovative workflow solutions (such as Bots, data exchanges and apps)
• Interface with FinTech companies to screen and identify next emerging workflow solutions (blockchain, AI, NLP, Voice assistant etc)
• Represent Barclays Digital Strategy in regional conferences and FinTech forums
What we’re looking for:
• Deep understanding of front office workflow, at least in one asset class
• Experience prototype Bots/Apps and advise clients and internal teams on next generation of workflow solutions
• Experience in engaging with FinTech community and familiar with AI, ML, Blockchain etc
• Experience engaging senior business heads to generate buy-in and identify high value add workflow opportunities
• Experience in business case development and leading technology prioritization forum. Have experience in organizing, researching, and analyzing business and client needs and can bridge the technical and business worlds, ensuring we are building the right products with a combination of vision, market/user/competitor research and usage metrics
• Engage with businesses at all levels to raise awareness and drive adoption of the digital products
• Can build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance, marketing & sales
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
• Commercial mindset with excellent client management and executive-level communication skills. Ability to synthesize information and present it back in a thoughtful and coherent way
• Have the ability to navigate a matrixed organization and the ability to influence by convincing
• Analytical and entrepreneurial and strong problem solving skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience managing a team and coaching remote team members is a plus
• Consulting experience and familiarity of R/Python
• Experience designing Symphony app/bot to automate workflow
• Experience working at a
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.