- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are recruiting for the role of Workplace Support, to be the customer facing representative for our services and to bind together the various facilities services to act as one convenient point of contact for the client. The purpose of the role is to enhance the customer experience by building and maintaining an excellent relationship with the occupants and exceeding their expectations on a daily basis. This role is based in Canary Wharf, London, E14.
As the Workplace Support, you will set consistently high standards across your allocated area and share best practice with the rest of the team to ensure service delivery meets the needs of the customer. You must be confident in dealing with difficult customers, problem solving and have the drive to go over and above for all visitors to the site, providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain a visible presence with building users and providing a high quality service and customer experience
- Co-ordination and collation of management information as required by the Soft Services Manager (reports, reportable service failures, work volumes, contract performance, audit results).
- To work with the other service line managers, handling all requests from clients and customers – ensuring their requests are centrally supported and the client is kept informed at all times
- Assist and liaise with the Commercial Team in developing additional works and variations. Arranging and providing quotations for such work.
- Undertake periodic reviews of service delivery to find areas of improvement and cost savings for benefit of customers and the business.
- Ensuring a tidy and clean appearance across the floor, at desks, collaboration spaces and break out areas and cleaning up any small spills as they are found
- Ensuring maintenance of all areas/technology and replenishing any consumables as required
- Assisting in meeting room set up to cater for the needs of the booking, making sure that any specific requirements are taken into account
- Being technically savvy in order to assist with conferencing equipment, stocking printers and assisting with paper jams.
- Facilities Assistants will be the first point of contact for FM related issues, and will take responsibility for logging calls on behalf of building occupants, ensuring they are directed to the correct department.
- Work together to clear ensure kitchens and fridges are clear of perishables on a Friday afternoon.
- Undertaking staff induction, providing an overview of how agile working is successful within the building, explaining health and safety elements such as fire alarms and also general way finding information.
- To be the first point of contact for all FM related queries on their designated floors.
- Logging and chasing work orders on behalf of the client
- Management and coordination of small works
- Communicating FM activities on their floors, to all relevant tenants.
- Maintain constant communication with all other service lines to ensure seamless delivery to building occupants.
- Maintain a visible presence on the floor at all times.
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from both visitors & colleagues to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety at all times
- Meeting and greeting tenant guests to the floor.
- Booking/setting up of meeting rooms on the floors and hospitality suite.
- Actively walk the floors to check shared areas are kept clean and tidy, and to ensure we are proactively assisting building occupants. Knowledge Skills & Experience
The Workplace Support will exhibit the following essential technical competencies for the role:
- Proven experience within a strong customer service environment
- High quality interpersonal skills, with excellent written and spoken communication skills both to individuals and groups
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative with the ability to make decisions without referral to line manager
- Experience in using CAFM systems – logging jobs, running reports, raising purchase orders etc.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with good problem solving skills
- Ability to deal positively with conflict situations
- Attention to detail, a focus on standards, methodical and organised
- Computer literacy, competent with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to support printing and audio-visual solutions
- Valid formal Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH (1 or 5 day) is desirable.
- Be friendly, sociable and welcoming to our guests & employees and create a welcoming atmosphere
- Always remain calm, patient and polite when receiving customer feedback
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help guests, employees and the public