- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
The Works Manager:
- Manage all departments, production, quality, customer service, engineering and administration functions. For all site production personnel this includes, training, appraisal, disciplinary, etc.
- Produce monthly reports for the site and analyse key variances to the P+L and action accordingly.
- Visit customers and suppliers and build relationships where necessary.
- In line with Quality functions maintain site quality accreditation's and identify opportunities for further accreditation's based on market requirements.
- Deliver year on year cost improvements through Lean Projects and Continuous Improvements culture, via TPM,55S and Visual Management Systems etc. The Successful Applicant
The Works Manager needs: Required qualifications, experience and skills
- Strong leadership, with good operational / management experience.
- Metallurgical Thermal Processing knowledge.
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement projects.
- Results orientated with a flair and passion for business development.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Good understanding of quality systems.
- Experience cost control and budgeting.
- Experience and understanding of Lean Manufacturing and experience training direct reports in effective use of these principles. Preferred qualifications, experience and skills
- Operated a AS9100 Quality system
- Experience of a NADCAP operation
- Degree qualified - Business and/or Engineering.
- customer service
- lean manufacturing