- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $14.93 gross per hour
Thisposition is in the Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department.
Salary Grade: 30
Provides paraprofessional level administrative support to a department or specialized program.
An assessment may be required.
Preference given to current Pima County employees.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Coordinates unit activity with other departmental sections or divisions and other County departments or outside agencies and acts as an internal departmental coordinator for support activities such as personnel, purchasing, payroll, or program specific functions;
Reviews and verifies specialized documentation and initiates action;
Responds to public and staff inquiries and provides information or resolves problems which require explanation of County, Departmental, or program rules and policies or refers questions to appropriate staff;
Represents unit/department on various committees and working groups and may record, transcribe, and/or distribute meeting minutes;
Coordinates, schedules, and organizes unit, program, or departmental calendars, appointments, and meetings;
Maintains specialized databases, inputs and retrieves data, and produces computer reports;
Coordinates and monitors standard departmental Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA's), contracts, and other obligatory agreements;
Researches information and prepares routine correspondence, memoranda, personnel forms, operations manuals, and other documents for supervisor review and approval;
Compiles statistical and operational data and prepares periodic and special reports;
Compiles information utilized in unit budget preparation, monitors miscellaneous expenditures, and reports to supervisor on program budget activities;
Makes travel arrangements for unit personnel and prepares related travel documentation for approval and processing;
Establishes and maintains specialized files and reference libraries;
May supervise, train, and evaluate staff, make recommendations on hiring, termination, and related personnel activities;
May issue licenses, permits, and/or bonds, receive money, review and verify cash drawers, and prepare cash deposits;
May prepare and process accounting documentation such as requisitions, purchase orders, claims and fund transfers.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- applications of automated information systems;
- business English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition;
- rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable within work unit;
- basic principles of contractual agreements;
- research techniques and report writing;
- principles and practices of employee supervision, training, and evaluation;
- office practices, procedures, and equipment.
Some positions may require knowledge of terminology and procedures specific to the area of assignment.
- use of automated information systems to maintain data and produce documents;
- organizing and coordinating meetings;
- prioritizing multiple tasks and activities;
- researching and compiling information and writing reports;
- communicating effectively;
- planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of staff;
- performing basic arithmetic calculations.
(1) Four years of experience performing secretarial or administrative tasks that demonstrate the required knowledge and skills including two years of experience providing overall support and coordination for a department, specialized program, or small business.
(Relevant education from an accredited college, university, trade or vocational school may substitute for up to two years of the general portion of the aforementioned experience.)
(2) Two years of experience as an Office Support Level III or Office Support Level IV, or a similar clerical classification within Pima County.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications:(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, andPowerpoint).
- Knowledge/experience in data entry utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), with preference given to applicants with Hansen/Infor or Maximo software experience.
- Knowledge/experience dispatching field staff utilizing a 2-way radio system.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require specialized certification or licensure relative to assignment at time of appointment or prior to completion of an initial or promotional probation period. Valid driver license is required at time of application. ValidAZdriver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Service's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks.Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.