- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $19.15 gross per hour
This position is in the Executive Services Division of the Human Resources Department.
Salary Grade: 42
Provides complex professional administrative services for a department, division, or program within Pima County and oversees specialized administrative activities.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Provides complex administrative services of a specialized nature to a department, division, or program within Pima County;
Negotiates and establishes Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA), contracts and other obligatory agreements and monitors compliance;
Prepares work unit budgets, oversees expenditures, performs cost and statistical analyses and prepares reports and recommendations;
Performs research, prepares written reports and recommendations and informs management of issues, concerns and problems of specialized work unit;
Provides information, status, and recommendations to department directors, division managers and professional staff regarding area of assignment and responds to public inquiries interpreting work unit and county policies and procedures;
Ensures work unit policies, procedures and activities comply with applicable federal/state statutes and regulations and county policy;
Oversees internal services such as accounting, payroll, personnel, management information services and/or purchasing;
Represents work unit at various meetings, conferences, or on committees and provides specialized expertise related to area of assignment;
Develops, maintains and manages databases using automated information systems and compiles/reviews/monitors information for reporting purposes;
May supervise, train and evaluate the performance of staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and practices of business administration including contractual agreements, purchasing, accounting, finance, risk management, employee relations and basic business law;
- laws, regulations, statutes, policies, and procedures (county/state/federal) applicable to work unit;
- principles and practices of project/program management;
- research/analysis methods and reporting;
- applications and management of automated information systems;
- public relations/public speaking/meeting facilitation.
Some positions require knowledge of employee supervision, training and evaluation.
Some positions require knowledge of terminology and principles, practices and procedures specific to the area of assignment.
- planning and coordinating administrative services and project/program activities;
- negotiating, reviewing, evaluating and interpreting contractual agreements and monitoring compliance;
- use of automated information systems;
- reviewing, analyzing and evaluating information, determining solutions to procedural problems and preparing reports;
- interpreting and applying statutes, regulations, policies and procedures;
- communicating effectively;
- public relations and meeting facilitation.
Some positions require skill in supervising, training and evaluating staff.
(1) A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public administration, business administration, management, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority and two years of professional experience in public or business administration.
(Relevant professional experience may substitute for the aforementioned education.)
(2) Three years with Pima County as an Administrative Specialist or closely related professional administrative classification.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Minimum three (3) years of professional meeting experience, preferably in a public setting for a commission or board.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in an HRIS system or applicant tracking system, preferably ADP or NeoGov.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience reviewing contractual agreements and monitoring compliance with a basic understanding of procurement procedures.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Service's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions within this classification may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation, polygraph test and/or drug screening at the time of appointment.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.