- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Responsible for operating power lift equipment to assist in the efficient flow of merchandise into and out of the distribution center.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use power lift equipment to move product from the receiving areas to storage areas; replenishes order selection locations; loads trailers.
- Place incoming merchandise in proper location in warehouse, moving merchandise as needed to make room.
- Separate and move pallets as needed.
- Retrieve merchandise orders by stores.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to work overtime on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within set time frames and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery, and/or special tools: hand truck, hand and power pallet jack, power lift equipment (Company will train).
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus one year experience in work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
States: Kentucky; Tennessee
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Portland|| 120 Kirby Street ||37148 || Peytons||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.