- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This position adheres to promoting the Customer 1st Strategy and continually learning new ways to become change adaptive within the employment role. This job consists of performing product inspection tasks per inspection procedures. Must use proper inspection methods and any related equipment, as well as maintain applicable skills, knowledge and certifications as required. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the products going to our customer are accurate as billed.
- Report product discrepancies.
- Understand and display the Customer 1st Strategy at all times.
- Adapt to any technological programs and requirements pertaining to the job.
- Show a willingness to learn and advance as the job may expand.
- Be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate with all levels of the business, displaying trust and competency at all times.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information to all contacts.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- Skill and diplomacy dealing with people.
- PC skills with a minimum working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer 8.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software applications with minimum difficulty.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous Distribution or Production Experience
- Previous Administration Support Roles
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
States: Kentucky; Tennessee
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Portland|| 404 S. Broadway ||37148 || Peytons||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.