- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position2019 - 20 Lecturer - Pool Faculty (Fashion Merchandising & Design)Requisition RankFaculty Position TypeInterim Part-TimeCollegeCollege of Health SciencesEEO StatementSam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.
Refer Applicants To
Contact NameMr. Ron ReedTitle and AddressChair
Sam Houston State University
Department of Family & Consumer Science
Huntsville, TX 77341
Contact Phone936-294-2481Contact EmailRlr054@shsu.edu Position Details
Usual DutiesLecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination of teaching on-campus classes at The Woodlands Center, classes at the main campus in Huntsville, and online classes, depending on the needs of the academic department. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis. Sam Houston State University will accept applications from qualified applicants on a continual basis.
Degree RequirementsRequires a minimum of master’s degree in related field for lower level course offerings.
Experience RequirementsTeaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the PositionThis posting is for the Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters.
Special Instructions SummaryIf you will be a new hire or have had a break in service, please upload all of the supplemental documents to your application.
Beginning DateJanuary 16, 2020Open Date11/08/2019Initial Closing DateRemoved from Web DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source. (Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
Candidate DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3