- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position Title2020 Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity ScholarVacancy IDPDS002514DepartmentPostdoc Affairs - 621700Position TypePostdoctoral Scholar Posting Details
Salary RangeDependent on Qualifications and ExperienceFull-time/Part-timeFull TimeIf part-time, hours per weekFTE1.0Proposed Start Date07/01/2020Estimated Duration of Appointment24 MonthsPosting Open Date09/20/2019Posting Close Date11/15/2019Open Until FilledNoWork LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition SummaryThe Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity fellowship, one of the oldest diversity fellowship programs in the nation, receives strong support and recognition at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and peer institutions. Program support is offered to our postdocs by top level administrators, departments, centers and institutes. The program is part of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, a unit of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. Candidates are selected by departments where they work for two years to prepare for tenure-track faculty positions. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity is pleased to announce the availability of 2020 postdoctoral scholar appointments for a period of two years, starting July 1, 2020. This program selects candidates who demonstrate evidence of scholarship potentially competitive for tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities.
Educational RequirementsApplicants must have completed their terminal degree within the past five years – no earlier than July 1, 2015 and no later than July 1, 2020.
Qualifications and ExperienceApplicants who will have completed the terminal degree no later than July 1, 2020 and no earlier than July 1, 2015 are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to individuals who are lawfully eligible to work in the United States. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill strongly encourages applications from individuals that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the campus community. The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship potentially competitive for tenure-track appointments at The University of North Carolina and other research universities.
Equal Opportunity EmployerThe University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Special InstructionsTo be considered for this position the completed application must be submitted by November 15, 2019.
The minimum number of references required are 2 with a maximum of 3 reference letters. Your references will not be solicited until you have successfully completed and submitted your application.
All reference letters must be received no later than November 22, 2019. No exceptions.
Upload a contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages) as ‘Other Document’.
Upload a statement of research plans (1-3 pages).
Upload writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing samples.
For more information on this program, please visit:
For information on UNC Postdoctoral Benefits and Services click here
Quick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/169555Special Physical and Mental Requirements Posting Contact Information
Department Contact Name and TitleJordan Todd, Sr. HR ConsultantDepartment Contact Telephone or Emailjltodd@email.unc.eduPostdoctoral Affairs Contact InformationIf you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919)-962-1091 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Equal Employment Opportunity office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- Writing/research Sample
- Research Statement
- Other Document
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you have successfully defended and completed all requirements for your terminal degree by July 1, 2020?
- * If you have already received your terminal degree, did you receive it prior to July 1, 2015?
- Yes, I received my terminal degree prior to July 1, 2015.
- No, I received my terminal degree after July 1, 2015.
- Not applicable: I have not yet received my terminal degree.
- * Please select the primary school/college from the list below for which you want to submit your application materials.
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Dentistry
- School of Nursing
- School of Education
- School of Public Health
- Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Other/not listed
- * Please select the primary department from the list below for which you want to submit your application materials.
- African, African American, and Diaspora Studies
- Allied Health Sciences
- Applied Physical Sciences
- America Studies
- Art and Art History
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Cell Biology and Physiology
- City and Regional Planning
- Dramatic Art
- English and Comparative Literature
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Health Policy and Management
- Marine Sciences
- Maternal and Child Health
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychology and Neuroscience
- Public Policy
- Religious Studies
- Romance Studies
- Statistics and Operations Research
- Women and Gender Studies
- Other/not listed
- Not applicable - selection from question 3 above does not have departments
- If you indicated that your preferred school or department was not listed in questions 3 or 4, please enter your preferred department here. (Open Ended Question)
- If there is a secondary school or department choice to which you would like to submit your application materials, please enter it here. (Open Ended Question)