- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. You will lead your team in efforts to support continuous improvement. As a Product Auditor at Caterpillar Inc., you will work under general supervision and perform various product audit functions on BCP components, systems and or machines and other duties as assigned.
Job duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quality inspection based on the check- list of inspection points/procedures
- Complete inspections using a checklist and tooling provided (static tools, dry leak testing, Cab electrical tests, templates, etc.)
- Performs overall quality inspection at quality gates or at pre-delivery inspection
- Inspects products to ensure it meets the specifications
- Gather data from various tools and tooling systems and document quality issues into a computer system and flag defects for repair
- Cross-functional communication to complete tasks
- Contributing team member
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. We are proud of who we are- thousands of people making progress possible around the world.
The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at facilities worldwide. BCP has production facilities in the U.S. (Clayton, N.C.; Sanford, N.C.; Athens, Ga), UK, China, India and Brazil. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders and small wheel loaders. Athens, G.A. specifically produces mini hydraulic excavators and small track-type tractors; from fabrications to assembly producing a finished product.
BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. Since 2013, Caterpillar BCP Division has consistently earned the Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP) "Work-Life Seal of Distinction" for providing a wide variety of workplace policies, programs & practices that support employees across all major aspects of work-life integration. The Athens, G.A. facility was recently awarded the 2016 Georgia Large Manufacturer of the Year as well as the 2015 Safety Performance Award by the Georgia Association of Manufacturers. The Athens, G.A. facility was also recognized by Caterpillar in 2014 by being awarded the Environmental Excellence Gold Award.
- Must have intermediate proficiency in SAP software (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently).
- Manufacturing experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of Assembly/Manufacturing practices
- Advanced problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Ability to follow Standard Work
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Heavy equipment machine assembly experience with tractors or excavators
Additional Information: This is a second shift hourly position in Athens, GA. Entry wage is $15.99/hour. No relocation benefits are available. Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants.