- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our 3D team is a group of creative problem-solvers who are passionate about their craft. The 3D Art Director is responsible for leading and directing the efforts of this team. This is a leadership role and you will be dedicated to the success of every person on your team. You will lead by example. You will continually raise quality standards and support the team to reach them. Youâ€™ll take ownership and streamline processes.
The 3D Art Director helps steer the conceptual direction and visual style of all 3D projects, while setting technical standards. In collaboration with the team, they determine the best tools and techniques for reaching our high-quality benchmarks. In addition to providing guidance and mentoring for members of the 3D team, the 3D Art Director is an informed resource for motion projects. This role partners closely with Client Services to schedule and monitor projects and challenges the team to exceed client expectations.
- Directly manage the workflow of a 4-person 3D team, including daily task assignment and review of creative product.
- Lead the 4-person 3D team in the production of a wide variety of projects, including product visualization, interactive experiences, and creative marketing work.
- Review work and provide specific art direction based on project goals, creative standards, and technical accuracy.
- Partner with the team to determine the best tools and techniques to hit specific visual targets.
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and self-manage personal and team workflow to meet timelines.
- Understand client needs and expectations to ensure a successful project.
- Be hands-on and take pride in personally producing outstanding work.
- Lead brainstorming and creative review meetings to help raise the quality level of the work.
- Create storyboards and presenter decks to convey creative ideas to client.
- Professionally present and communicate ideas to peers, cross-function teams, and clients.
- Partner with Client Services team to estimate, schedule, and monitor projects.
- Empower Client Services with the knowledge necessary to defend design decisions.
- Work closely with Creative Directors to ensure 3D discipline goals are met.Qualifications:
- 7+ yearsâ€™ experience in the marketing, entertainment or game industries, including 2+ years in a creative leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree in 3D Art preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio that demonstrates quality 3D visual and motion design skills.
- Advanced skills in all aspects of the 3D pipeline, including modeling, rigging, animating, UVing, texturing, shading, lighting, FX, and rendering.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Arnold.
- Excellent understanding of composition, color, and storytelling.
- Advanced knowledge of Nuke (or similar compositing package), Substance Suite, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop.
- Thorough understanding of production processes for film, web, print, and video games.
- Experience with game engines, such as Unity, preferred.
- Experience with advanced render layer and compositing techniques.
- Experience establishing conceptual and stylistic direction for multi-disciplined projects.
- Understanding of photography and real-world lighting principles.
- Outstanding troubleshooting techniques.
- Bonus: DaVinci Resolve, Scripting, 3D Studio Max, V-Ray, Z-Brush, Mudbox.Attributes:
- A demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and enhance the efforts of a creative team
- Natural leader with superb leadership skills and eagerness to build a rock-solid team
- Exceptional attention to detail, internal quality control, and excellent craftsmanship
- Highly adaptable to an environment with imperfect information, shifting priorities, and ever-evolving processes.
- A contagiously collaborative spirit. Your individual contribution plays an important supportive role in the overall project goals.
- Self-motivation to learn, with a passion for making things better. You actively keep ahead of the curve, exploring new trends and technologies and you enjoy sharing your knowledge.
- A successful track record of creative problem solving for technical and design challenges.
- Ability to lead gracefully under tight deadline pressure with strong time management and organizational skills.
- A positive, helpful attitude, with a passion for artistic innovation and the highest quality work.
- Ability to convey, persuade and sell an artistic vision
- Ability to describe technical concepts to artists, project managers and clients in relatable terms.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to exceed client expectations.Culture Fit:
- Equal opportunity employer
- Can-do attitude, high integrity, honesty, sense of humor
- Team player
- Consistently seeks to raise the barPowered by JazzHR
About the company